Hobgoblins & Fire Catchers: July 23rd
Supporting Hearing Dogs:
£7 will go towards running the event and the remainder of your sign up fee will go to support Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
"We train clever dogs to help deaf people. To alert them to important and life-saving sounds they would otherwise miss – such as the smoke alarm, alarm clock and even a baby's cry. Being aware of these – thanks to a hearing dog – makes a real difference to deaf people’s lives, and can even save them.."
Walking on to Finstock and then Ramsden, known locally for it's Roman Villa and significant Roman archaeological finds. We then return to Ascott, skirting the forests south west side, for a well earned cold pint at The Swan...
- 9:45am meet, prompt 10:00am start.
- The Swan, Ascott-under-Wychwood, OX7 6AY.
- Approximately 12miles.
- Duration 6+hours.
- Leader: Gareth meet our leaders
- A WHATSAPP group will be created to share info and photos on the day, so once signed up, please send an email to grant permission to be added to: email@example.com
- Remember waterproofs, walking boots/shoes and a packed lunch & water.
- Please not you may need to pay for parking.
- Dogs are welcome, but are entirely the owner's responsibility and must have a lead and be under close control at all times.
- If encountering livestock do not walk too close or get between a cow and calf. If threatened, let go of your dog so it can escape and reduce the risk to yourself.
- Please keep to the indicated public rights of way and respect the landowner’s property at all times.
- There are often styles to negotiate on this type of walk.
- Countryside walking can often include hills and uneven terrain. Our group ethos is to support everyone in group to achieve their maximum potential in terms of completing the route. As such, we endeavour to walk at a pace all participants are comfortable with. We apologise if this causes any frustration to fitter walkers.
- Please consult your doctor if you are at all worried about your fitness and ability to take part.
- Please inform the walk leaders, Get Outdoors, of any underlying health conditions that may affect your walking ability before signing up.
We need a few more details from everyone, so we know how best to look after you. Once you have booked your walk above, please follow this link and complete some simple questions ASAP: Applicant Information Form
Sign up for Future Walk Info:
"Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group for the latest walking dates.
Submit your email address below to receive reminders and information on walks we have coming up.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Peak District and Oxford.