Great Tew Evening 5: Thursday 21st March
£3 will go towards running the event, admin, etc and the remainder of your sign up fee will go to support the charity. You can choose whether to donate as little as £2 or a bit more from the drop-down menu above.
Billy is the Godson on our wonderful leader, Gareth. Read about his story here
Local Short Walks:
Walking is amazing for both your mind and body. Mental Health is massively improved by getting out in nature and just having a chat with friendly people. There are lots of benefits and reasons you might consider joining us for a short walk: you are starting out walking; fancy some fresh air; clear your head; meet people; get fit, etc.
These walks are designed to get you started and we walk at a pace everyone in the group feels comfortable with. Apologies if this causes any frustration to faster walkers, but this is about building a supportive community, rather than racing around the countryside as fast as we can.
- Monday 6:00pm meet, prompt 6:15pm start.
- Great Tew Car Park, 60 The Lane, Great Tew, OX7 4DJ
- Approximately 5miles.
- Duration 2+hours.
- Leader: Gareth meet our leaders
- A WHATSAPP group will be created to share info and photos, so once signed up, please send an email to grant permission to be added to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember waterproofs, walking boots/shoes, a packed lunch & water.
- Dogs are welcome, but are entirely the owner's responsibility and must have a lead and be under close control at all times.
- If encountering livestock do not walk too close or get between a cow and calf. If threatened, let go of your dog so it can escape and reduce the risk to yourself.
- Please keep to the indicated public rights of way and respect the landowner’s property at all times.
- There are often styles to negotiate on this type of walk.
- Countryside walking can often include hills and uneven terrain. Our group ethos is to support everyone in group to achieve their maximum potential in terms of completing the route. As such, we endeavour to walk at a pace all participants are comfortable with. We apologise if this causes any frustration to fitter walkers.
- Please consult your doctor if you are at all worried about your fitness and ability to take part.
- Please inform the walk leaders, Get Outdoors, of any underlying health conditions that may affect your walking ability before signing up.
We need a few more details from everyone, so we know how best to look after you. Once you have booked your walk above, please follow this link and complete some simple questions ASAP: Applicant Information Form
Future Walk Info:
Submit your email address below to receive information on future walks.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Peak District, Oxford...
Perfect way to start your training for a challenge like the 3 Peaks or simply to get out into the countryside, while being sociable.
Please "Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group for even more updates!