The Cotswold Corner: May 12th Supporting The Royal British Legion
Supporting The Royal British Legion:
The Legion provides lifelong support to serving and ex-serving military personnel and their families.
You can choose how much to donate but selecting from the menu above.
Taking in some of the best walking Oxfordshire has to offer! A circular route to visit Daylesford, Chastleton House and the mystic Rollright Stones.
All of the info for the walk is below. Once signed up, you will receive an automatic booking email as confirmation (may need to check your SPAM folder). We look forward to welcoming you to the walk and will be in touch near the day via the event WhatsApp (please see below).
- 9:45am meet, prompt 10am start.
- New Street Car Park, Chipping Norton, OX7 5NF.
- Approximately 15miles.
- Duration 7+hours.
- Walk Rating - Strenuous.
- Leader: Chris/Gareth meet our leaders.
If you have any question or need any further info, please do get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A WHATSAPP group will be created to share info and photos on the day. In signing up to the event you are agreeing to be added to this group, which will contain other participants. This is necessary so that details can be shared in the run up to the event, including last minute changes, reminders or cancellations.
- Charity involvement: many of our walks are being run in partnership with charities. As such, sign up information is shared with the charity involved for the purpose of running the event and communicating its purpose, which is to help raise awareness and funds for the charity. By signing up, you are agreeing to receive information from Get Outdoors and the charity.
- Remember waterproofs, walking boots/shoes and a packed lunch & water.
- Dogs are welcome, but are entirely the owner's responsibility and must have a lead and be under close control at all times.
- If encountering livestock do not walk too close or get between a cow and calf. If threatened, let go of your dog so it can escape and reduce the risk to yourself.
- Please keep to public rights of way and respect landowner’s property.
- There are often stiles to negotiate on this type of walk.
- Countryside walking can often include hills and uneven terrain. Our group ethos is to support everyone in group to achieve their maximum potential in terms of completing the route. As such, we endeavour to walk at a pace all participants are comfortable with. We apologise if this causes any frustration to fitter walkers.
- Please consult your doctor if you are worried about your fitness to take part.
- Please inform the walk leaders, Get Outdoors, of any underlying health conditions that may affect your walking ability before signing up.
We need a few more details from everyone, so we know how best to look after you. Once you have booked your walk above, please follow this link and complete some simple questions ASAP: Applicant H&S Registration Form
Sign up for Future Walk Info:
"Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group for the latest walking dates.
Submit your email address below to receive reminders and information on walks we have coming up.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Peak District and Oxford. The perfect way to start your training for a challenge like a 3 Peaks or simply to get out into the countryside, while being sociable.
We only regret opportunities we don't take