Pen y Fan & Falls (SeeSaw): June 3-4th
SATURDAY: Waterfall Country Adventure
SUNDAY: Pen y Fan Horseshoe
THE HIGHEST PEAK in South Wales provides a challenging climb to the summit standing at 886m. The horseshoe route is just over 9miles long and will take around 6 hours to complete. An early start sees us meet in the Brecon Beacon's Taf Fechan Forest and the walk begins with the steepest climb of the day. We continue with a more restful flatter ridge for around half an hour, before heading up to the first of our 4 summits, Corn Du. On a clear day, we start to take in the most magical view for miles, towering over the surrounding Welsh countryside.
After Corn Du, we drop a little, before climbing to our highest point, the impressive summit of Pen y Fan at 886m. A great place to stop for lunch, while enjoying the view on a nice day.
We continue around this circular horseshoe route with a quick descent before climbing once more to the top of the next peak, Cribyn. As we look back, the views of Pen y Fan's steep face arching around behind us is one of the most iconic in the Brecon Beacons.
Finally walkers have the option of either taking a well earned rest or tackling the shorter sharp out and back ascent of Fan-y-Big. This final peak is the home of the famous "Diving Board", from which the brave can take some impressively daring pictures!
ACCOMMODATION: for options email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We only regret the opportunities we don't take...
- Please register with Get Outdoors when you arrive.. We will lead the group all the way, but would like to make sure everyone gets home safely.
- PLEASE car share where possible; parking is limited on busy days and for the good of the environment.
- Waterproofs (including trousers), walking boots, multiple layers and packed lunch are essential; weather likely to be breezy and chilly.
- Do bring dogs, but with animals grazing be prepared to use a lead.
- While on the walk, we ask you to remain with the group and follow all instructions from Get Outdoors leaders, who have the final decision in all instances.
Future Walk Info:
Submit your email address below to receive information on future walks.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Peak District, Oxford...
Perfect way to start your training for a challenge like the 3 Peaks or simply to get out into the countryside, while being sociable.
Please "Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group for even more updates!