Cornish Coastline: Sept 23rd-24th
Trek The Roseland
The Roseland Heritage Coastline
Day 1: catching a foot ferry from Falmouth over to St Mawes and walking 12 miles east along the stunning Roseland Coastline with lunch at the Hidden Hut.
Day 2: heading west on a 10 mile circuit from Falmouth around Rosemullion Head and back inland.
- 10 to 12 miles a day
- Plenty of socialising!
- 9am Saturday until 6pm Sunday
We only regret the opportunities we don't take...
Catching the foot ferry from Falmouth to St Mawes and walking a 12 mile circuit around the stunning Roseland Coastline:
8:15am: Meet Prince of Wales Pier, TR11 3DF
8:30am: Catch St Mawes ferry (£9 return)
9:30am: Second ferry to Place (£6 single)
10:00am: Coastal walk via St Anthony's Head
1:00pm: Lunch at the Hidden Hut, Portscatho
2:00pm: Cross inland to St Just
4:00pm: Reach St Mawes Castle
5:45pm: Ferry back to Falmouth
Circuit from Falmouth around Rosemullion Head and back inland:
9:30am: Meet Swan Pool Beach: TR11 4EJ.
9:45am: 10 mile coastal walk.
1:00pm: Stop for lunch - bring a picnic!
4:00pm: Expected walk finish.
- A WHATSAPP group will be created to share info and photos, so once signed up, please send an email to grant permission to be added to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remember waterproofs, walking boots/shoes, a packed lunch & water.
- Dogs are welcome, but are entirely the owner's responsibility and must have a lead and be under close control at all times.
- If encountering livestock do not walk too close or get between a cow and calf. If threatened, let go of your dog so it can escape and reduce the risk to yourself.
- Please keep to the indicated public rights of way and respect the landowner’s property at all times.
- There are often styles to negotiate on this type of walk.
- Countryside walking can often include hills and uneven terrain. Our group ethos is to support everyone in group to achieve their maximum potential in terms of completing the route. As such, we endeavour to walk at a pace all participants are comfortable with. We apologise if this causes any frustration to fitter walkers.
- Please consult your doctor if you are at all worried about your fitness and ability to take part.
- Please inform the walk leaders, Get Outdoors, of any underlying health conditions that may affect your walking ability before signing up.
We need a few more details from everyone, so we know how best to look after you. Once you have booked your walk above, please follow this link and complete some simple questions ASAP: Applicant Information Form
Participants need to book their own accommodation, but we do have a limited number of rooms available, so please get in touch for details. Please email email@example.com if you would like assistance booking.
For those wishing to camp, we recommend: Pennance Mill Farm
We hope everyone will join the group for dinner.
Future Walk Info:
"Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group and submit your email address below to receive information on future walks.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Lake District, Snowdonia, Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Oxford...
Perfect way to start your training for a challenge like the 3 Peaks or simply to get out into the countryside, while being sociable.