Broadway Tower: December 17th
Choose to donate £5, £10 or £15 above
Approx 10 miles from Broadway.
The Jewel of the Cotswolds
On a 10 mile circular route we climb Fish Hill along the Cotswold Way to visit Broadway Tower at 1024ft above sea level; the 2nd highest point in the Cotswolds.
The top of the tower is one of England's most spectacular viewpoints with 14 English counties said to be visible on a clear day. The park affords a nice cafe'/restaurant.
£7 will go towards running the event and the remainder of your sign up fee will go to support Hearing Dogs for Deaf People.
Meeting at the foot of the hill in a stunning Cotswolds village, Broadway is often referred to as the 'Jewel of the Cotswolds' and the 'Show Village of England' because of it's sheer picturesque beauty.
- 9:45am meet, prompt 10:00am start.
- Leamington Rd Car Park, WR12 7ET.
- Approximately 11miles.
- Duration 5+hours.
- Leader: Chris meet our leaders
- A WHATSAPP group will be created to share info and photos, so once signed up, please send an email to grant permission to be added to: email@example.com
- Remember waterproofs, walking boots/shoes, a packed lunch & water.
- Dogs are welcome, but are entirely the owner's responsibility and must have a lead and be under close control at all times.
- If encountering livestock do not walk too close or get between a cow and calf. If threatened, let go of your dog so it can escape and reduce the risk to yourself.
- Please keep to the indicated public rights of way and respect the landowner’s property at all times.
- There are often styles to negotiate on this type of walk.
- Countryside walking can often include hills and uneven terrain. Our group ethos is to support everyone in group to achieve their maximum potential in terms of completing the route. As such, we endeavour to walk at a pace all participants are comfortable with. We apologise if this causes any frustration to fitter walkers.
- Please consult your doctor if you are at all worried about your fitness and ability to take part.
- Please inform the walk leaders, Get Outdoors, of any underlying health conditions that may affect your walking ability before signing up.
We need a few more details from everyone, so we know how best to look after you. Once you have booked your walk above, please follow this link and complete some simple questions ASAP: Applicant Information Form
Future Walk Info:
Submit your email address below to receive information on future walks.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Peak District, Oxford...
Perfect way to start your training for a challenge like the 3 Peaks or simply to get out into the countryside, while being sociable.
Please "Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group for even more updates!