Registration Form - old corrected
EVENT BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The event is offered and operated by Get Outdoors Ltd.
2. To secure an event place, participants must complete and sign this Booking Form, with answers to all questions and submit it to Get Outdoors via this website, along with the non-refundable deposit (if not already paid).
3. In the event a participant is subsequently unable to travel to the event, they may transfer their booking to another person once permission is granted by Get Outdoors. However the booking deposit cannot be refunded, due to costs being committed to (e.g. mountain leaders, accommodation, transport, etc).
4. If Get Outdoors are forced to reschedule or cancel a trip due to factors reasonably within their control, then participants may:
i) Take a lower cost alternative, along with a refund of the difference.
ii) Take an equally, or higher priced alternative and pay the difference.
iii) Request a refund of monies paid.
If a trip or any part of a trip is cancelled due to factors outside of Get Outdoors’ control (e.g. dangerous weather), no compensation will be given.
5. If an event is postponed due to Covid-19 restrictions, the event will be rescheduled and all entries will automatically be transferred to the rescheduled date. However if the new date is not convenient, a participant can transfer their entry to any other future event or request a refund. Such a request to transfer to an alternative event or for a refund must be made at least one month before the rescheduled event date or the participant will be committed to the rescheduled event. Please see the full Covid-19 policy here: https://getoutdoorsuk.org/pages/covid-19-guidance.
6. Advice is given on matters such as equipment selection, medical and fitness requirements, but it remains the responsibility of the individual participant to verify their unique needs and make any necessary arrangements.
7. By signing the Booking Form, participants agree to meet with the Get Outdoors kit and equipment requirements, as published on its website, for safe participation in the event and to disclose all medical/health matters that could potentially affect their participation in the event.
8. By signing the Booking Form, participants agree to allow Get Outdoors to hold their personal details for GDPR purposes and for Get Outdoors to use such details to correspond with participants regarding this event and other opportunities such as other events, training and fundraising. The participant also agrees to Get Outdoors sharing this information with the charity the participant has signed up to fundraise for if applicable for the same purposes.
9. Mountain and hill walking is an inherently hazardous activity. Get Outdoors does not take any responsibility for events outside of its control that result in injury or damage to participants’ property. (E.g. trips and falls due to rocky ground or weather damage to equipment). It is the participant's responsibility to take out insurance sufficient to cover themselves for such incidences.
10. Whilst on the trip, participants undertake to follow the instructions given by the leaders and the members of Get Outdoors staff, whose decisions are at all times final. If instructions are not followed and a participant's behaviour is considered irresponsible or dangerous to themselves or the rest of the group, they may be requested to leave the trip, with no refund or cost penalty to Get Outdoors.
11. Inherent in this event is the possibility that participants' clothing and equipment may suffer damage. Both Injuries and property damage are an unavoidable component of the type of trips that Get Outdoors operates. In signing the Booking Form participants acknowledge their understanding of this matter.
12. Alterations in the itinerary are a more frequent occurrence than on a regular holiday – in terms of rapidly changing weather patterns and environmental conditions or participant fitness. Hence some alterations to the itinerary are common. Participants accept that safe performance of the trip is considered before completing the itinerary at any cost.
13. Get Outdoors and their appointed leaders' decisions are always final.
14. Participants must be covered by Travel Insurance before joining the trip and it is their own responsibility to organise appropriate cover. Participants take responsibility for making sure they are covered for activities included; for having to cancel their trip; for any loss of earnings that could result from injury.
15. Get Outdoors’s responsibility for the trip begins at the designated meeting point. Get Outdoors takes no responsibility for getting participants to the beginning of the trip or returning them home after.
16. Complaints should be address directly to Get Outdoors. Explain the cause and Get Outdoors will attempt to rectify the situation. All complaints should be received by Get Outdoors within 14 days after the end of your trip.
17. Get Outdoors will endeavour to ensure that the event is completed as planned, but cannot be held responsible for factors outside of their control (i.e. poor traffic, low fitness levels of group, adverse weather conditions etc).
18. By submitting the Booking Form above the named participant agrees to this set of terms and conditions.