Bourton-on-the-Water: November 12th
Supporting the Firefighters:
£7 will go towards running the event, the remainder of your sign up fee will go to support The Firefighters Charity. You can choose how much to donate but selecting from the menu above.
"The Fire Fighters Charity offers specialist, lifelong support for members of the UK fire services community, empowering individuals to achieve mental, physical and social wellbeing throughout their lives."
Stow to Bourton-on-the-Water
A fabulous walk from beautiful Stow-on-the-Wold to picturesque Bourton-on-the-Water, where we'll stop to take in the wonderful riverside scenery over lunch.
- 9:45am meet for a prompt 10am start.
- Fossway Car Park, Stow-on-the-Wold, GL54 1BX - turn off the A429 (Fosse Way), the entrance is just beyond Tesco.
- Approximately 11.8miles.
- Duration 5+hours.
- Leader: Sharon meet our leaders
- A WHATSAPP group will be created to share info and photos on the day, so once signed up, please send an email to grant permission to be added to: email@example.com
- Remember waterproofs, walking boots/shoes and a packed lunch & water.
- Dogs are welcome, but are entirely the owner's responsibility and must have a lead and be under close control at all times.
- If encountering livestock do not walk too close or get between a cow and calf. If threatened, let go of your dog so it can escape and reduce the risk to yourself.
- Please keep to the indicated public rights of way and respect the landowner’s property at all times.
- There are often styles to negotiate on this type of walk.
- Countryside walking can often include hills and uneven terrain. Our group ethos is to support everyone in group to achieve their maximum potential in terms of completing the route. As such, we endeavour to walk at a pace all participants are comfortable with. We apologise if this causes any frustration to fitter walkers.
- Please consult your doctor if you are at all worried about your fitness and ability to take part.
- Please inform the walk leaders, Get Outdoors, of any underlying health conditions that may affect your walking ability before signing up.
We need a few more details from everyone, so we know how best to look after you. Once you have booked your walk above, please follow this link and complete some simple questions ASAP: Applicant Information Form
Sign up for Future Walk Info:
"Like" the Get Outdoors Facebook Group for the latest walking dates.
Submit your email address below to receive reminders and information on walks we have coming up.
Join us for a hike in beautiful places like the Brecon Beacons, Cotswolds, Malverns, Chilterns, Peak District and Oxford. The perfect way to start your training for a challenge like the National 3 Peaks Challenge or simply to get out into the countryside, while being sociable.
We only regret the opportunities we don't take!